Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Best Drugstore & High End Make Up

Primer
Drugstore: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (Around $10 CDN) 

High End: Benefit The POREfessional ($36 CDN) AND Make Up Forever All Mat ($55 CDN)


For the price you pay for the Maybelline primer, it's definitely much more affordable. As much as I like the product though, if I wanted to splurge I would probably buy a high end primer instead just because I find that they cover up my pores more better and it also keeps me shine free which is a must when finding the right primer!

Foundation
Drugstore: Marcelle BB Cream Anti-Aging SPF 20 (Around $22 CDN)

High End: Diorskin Flawless Perfection Foundation SPF 25 ($48 CDN)

Hands down, these two are my most favorite face products. Even though the Marcelle one isn't necessarily a foundation but a bb cream, these two look super natural when applied to your face and it's also very light weight. They both have a good amount of SPF in it as well to keep the sun from harming your face! Marcelle only comes in light/medium or medium/dark but I think it blends very easily to match the color of your skin tone. As for the Diorskin, I have never had a foundation that matched be so perfectly before. Not to mention, it smells really good. Now I obviously don't buy foundations because of the scent but there are a few that have such a horrible scent that I refuse to use them.

Face Powder
Drugstore: Rimmel Stay Matte (Around $5 CDN)

High End: Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder ($72 CDN)

Now I was never really interested in trying the Stay Matte powder because when I seen it being sold in outlets and warehouses, I just assumed they were sold super cheap because it probably sucked. Well I was wrong.. and luckily, one of my girls actually introduced me to this product. She told me about the foundation but I was more interested in the powder so I picked one up and ever since then, I've never stopped using it. There are times where I switch it up and try other products, and when I feel the need for a change, I always end up using my Smashbox powder. Now it is really pricey.. I don't think I have ever bought even foundation for that much but it looks really nice on my skin, I love the outcome I get and that's why I think it's worth every penny. It is proven that after 6 weeks of use, there is 67% decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I think it actually does help with your wrinkles but it's not a dramatic change. Plus side? It comes with a very cute kabuki powder brush that I love because it's small and easy to carry around on the go. Overall, if I can apply powder on  my face with it being beneficial to me, it's a win win situation. 

Moisturizer
Drugstore: Simple Rich Moisturizer ($10.97 CDN)

High End: Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream ($49 CDN)

Ever since I first tried out any Simple products, I have always been hooked. It never burned my face or made it super oily. I think once you just start using a product so much, it stops doing what you want it to do. I used to use this moisturizer day and night and I think maybe it's okay to use especially during spring/summer but once it gets super cold, even this super rich moisturizer can't help my dry flaky skin. Thankfully, I purchased the Clairsonic Mia 2 not too long ago, and the one I bought came with 2 products from Fresh. I heard that the Lotus Youth face cream really helped with dry skin. On the Sephora website it even says that 97% felt their skin was immediately hydrated and that's exactly how I felt. I'm now in love with this product but hate how expensive it is. I'm probably going to use this until summer and see how it goes with switching back to my Simple moisturizer. 

Face Scrub
Drugstore: St.Ives Green Tea Scrub ($5.99 CDN)
Now I don't have any face scrubs I like that are high end but I do really enjoy using the St.Ives green tea scrub only because it does wonders for my face. This product really helps when I have little break outs because it has salicylic acid ingredients that help reduce the size of my pimples and really clear my skin up. It's one of my holy grail products and I probably went through 10 bottles of this product and I'll always continue using it. 

Toner
Drugstore: Burt's Bee Rosewater & Glycerin Toner ($14.97 CDN)
This toner is one of the best toners I've ever used. It really helps take off any excess make up and my face feels super clean after using it. I also love how it doesn't make my face feel so tight and itchy after using a cotton pad to apply it with. The size of the bottle is pretty big too so it can lasts a very long time. Considering the price, I think it's reasonably cheap. 

Mascara
Drugstore: L'oreal Telescopic Mascara ($10 CDN)

High End: Dior Show Black Out Mascara ($31 CDN)

Usually I don't mind what mascara I apply to my lashes because I end up wearing falsies anyways. But sometimes when I'm super lazy and don't want to put on fake lashes, I still want to be able to wear mascara that is lengthening yet voluminous. I love the effect you get when you apply these two mascaras. I've always loved the L'oreal Telescopic line. I Actually used to use the one with the small little wand that was meant for your lower lashes but they discontinued that item. Ever since then, I've tried many other drug store mascaras to use for my bottom lashes and they all either smudge or create a huge mess under my eyes.The telescopic line is perfect for both top and bottom lashes and no other mascara can really replace that product besides the Dior one which I don't buy often because it's triple the price of the drugstore one. But regardless both are amazing products.

3 comments:

Jenna H. said...

Nice post! I should do one like this on my blog!
Follow me back? http://chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
-Jenna <3

Unknown said...

Thanks, much appreciated! And I will gladly do so.

Teen Fashion Blogger said...

I love the Porefessional by Benefit, but it can be quite expensive. I find that the L'oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream works just as well and is less expensive! You just gained a follower :)

http://www.theteenfashionblogger.com/