Sunday, December 1, 2013

ColorPops Ombrés Review

When I was chosen to do a review on this product, I was super excited since I've never really used temporary hair powder. You were allowed to pick either the ColorPop Ombrés or the ColorPop Shimmers. Me being the indecisive person I am when dying hair, I decided to give the ombré one a go because I really wanted to see how my hair would turn out with Blond in it.  When I opened up the package which looked like this:
It made me think that there's no way this little ball could instantly change my hair color. I really didn't like the packaging because it felt like the cap could fall off any time and I thought the way this was packaged was done very poorly just because I really struggled to hold this when I was brushing it through my hair. Another thing is, if you decide to buy this product and you have long hair, I suggest you use 2 because one is definitely not going to be enough. The color on the inside looked like this:
So after struggling to apply it through my hair.. this was the results:
 
You could tell the bottom of my hair sort of looks like it's ash blonde. And definitely lighter than the top of my head! 

This was the final result and to be honest, I was pretty damn impressed that this little hair powder could look so nice and natural when it's brushed into my hair. This is also very easy to wash off. Once you wet your hair and use shampoo, your hair will instantly go back to how it was before. Now the only bad thing I would have to say about this product is that I felt like it was super messy to use... I actually got it all over my top that I was wearing and even after using hair spray, It went all over my jacket. Really disappointing because when I took off my jacket and tried washing it off, it wouldn't come off. The picture is a bit hard to see but this was pretty much the results of the hair powder rubbing off onto my jacket. To be honest, this was a pretty enjoyable product but I would have to reconsider if I would purchase this next time. 

No comments: